So I learned something shocking the other day… ready? Not everyone likes chocolate! (chocolate is pretty much a food group in my books, so I was surprised, but happily realised that means more chocolate for me ) Now, equipped with this knowledge, I thought I better create a delicious protein ball that didn’t centre around chocolate. Enter lemon and coconut protein balls! They’re a little drier than other bliss balls I have made, but kinda remind me of a melting moment. And judging by the fact that they’re pretty much all gone, I would say they are a hit for non-chocolate and chocolate lovers alike.
- 250g cashews
- 250g shredded coconut
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 scoops NuZest vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- small pinch himalayan pink salt
- 10 drops food grade lemon oil or rind of 1 lemon finely grated on a microplane
- Desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place coconut and cashews into food processor or Thermomix and grind on high speed until it is the consistency of almond meal (or slightly chunkier if desired)
- Add dates and process until well chopped and combined
- Add remaining ingredients, process until combined
- Roll heaped teaspoon amounts of mix into a ball, then roll in desiccated coconut to coat
- Store in glass jar in the fridge. ENJOY!
Makes approximately 20-30 balls