So I have recently decided to take a break from coffee… for anyone who knows me well, this is a BIG deal. Coffee is kinda my thing. I’m not putting a timeframe on it, I just want to see how I feel – but it has left me with a gap in my daily ritual. Which means room to experiment!
Matcha lattes are popping up everywhere, and not only do they taste great, they are an amazing way to increase your antioxidant consumption. Just look at that colour! Here is my variation on your regular matcha latte. If you’re not into mint you could omit that ingredient, and also change the coconut milk to almond or your preferred dairy alternative. Enjoy xo
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 tsp Being Co Matcha Powder
- 2 drops food grade peppermint oil
- pinch Loving Earth Vanilla Powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat slowly until warm, stirring constantly to dissolve the matcha.
- Alternatively, place all ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and heat, 3 minutes, 70 degrees, speed 2.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Green tea is very delicate, and the antioxidants can degrade quite easily, which is why I recommend heating it low and slow 🙂
Another Note: Essential oils that retail in Australia are not approved for ingestion (despite what some of the brands may tell you!). Please be sure to find an approved food grade oil, or alternatively you could brew a peppermint tea bag in the the 1/2 cup water before adding the remaining ingredients.