It sounds weird… I know… Love porridge. But there are 2 reasons why!
Firstly… I LOVED IT! So much.
Secondly… the magic ingredient (well one of them) is raw cacao powder. What does that have to do with love? Yes I love it also, but the real reason is it is a great source of phenylethylamine (PEA) – the love neurotransmitter. You know that giddy/nervous/excited/take on the world feeling you get when you’re in love? Well that is partly thanks to PEA, which stimulates the release of dopamine and noradrenalin – two of our brain chemicals that result in feelings of infatuation, euphoria, well-being, desire and heightened attention and motivation.
So that’s good enough reason for me to eat chocolate for breakfast and share the love for the rest of the day ♥
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (coconut, rice, dairy, almond etc)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used NuZest Vanilla Clean Lean Protein)
- 1 handful fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 handful shredded coconut
- Place quinoa and milk into a small saucepan over medium heat
- Stir to combine and bring to a gentle simmer
- Add cacao and protein powder. Stir to combine.
- Add raspberries and coconut and stir until the porridge has returned to a gentle simmer. You may like to add some more milk if you prefer a thinner porridge, otherwise it will be really thick and rich and delicious