I’m all about signs in life… so the other day when I went to pick up some bananas for my smoothie and there were NONE I thought – well, today is the day to try something new. And boy do I wish I had done that sooner!
I love the idea of green smoothies, but not of the kale and spinach variety (stay tuned for a post on WHY soon). This one has the rich green colour and beautiful alkalising, energising and nutrient packed properties, without being yucky tasting and difficult to digest like some other combinations. It will even put a smile on the face of mini-smoothie connoisseurs!
A Different Kind of Green Smoothie
- 1/4 honeydew melon (skin and seeds removed)
- 1 young coconut (flesh and water)
- 1-2 scoops Nuzest Pea Protein
- 1 serve Shakti’s Superfood Blend
- 150mL milk of choice (almond/coconut/rice/oat)
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds (whole not ground)
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender (except for Shakti’s Superfood Blend – this is best combined with a spoon after blending, although if you’re in a rush just pop it in!)
- Blend on high speed for 40 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a large glass or jar and serve immediately, or keep chilled and drink throughout the day