I love to experiment in the kitchen… and I have been EXTREMELY lucky that more often than not it works. This was one of those things. A standard nut base, with a very simple raw cacao topping, and some kind of magic was created.
I am most definitely my harshest critic, I think I’m just too close and too involved with my cooking to see it for what it really is. This slice for example… I liked it, it did the job, but I didn’t think it was anything spectacular… Until I shared it with my friends and colleagues and suddenly I had a following of raving fans! I couldn’t keep it to myself any longer so have decided to share the secret recipe with you 🙂 ENJOY!
P.S I use my Thermomix for most of my cooking, so apologies that this is all in grams. You really don’t have to be too precise though, it will still be delicious!
- 120g brazil nuts
- 130g cashew nuts
- 120g shredded coconut (not dessicated)
- 150g medjool dates, pitted
- 120g coconut oil
- 100g raw cacao powder
- 60g tahini
- 80g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp Siberian ginseng powder
- Handful goji berries
- Handful shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients for base into food processor or Thermomix. Process for 1 minute (speed 5) to create a moist crumble. Press mix into a lined baking dish – I use a pyrex dish which is roughly 20 x 30 cm. Set aside
- Place all ingredients for topping (except goji and shredded coconut) into the food processor or Thermomix – you don’t even need to wash the bowl after making the base 🙂
- Process for 1 minute until smooth and well combined (speed 5).
- Pour chocolate mix over prepared base and sprinkle with coconut and goji berries.
- Refrigerate to set – this will happen quite quickly, around 10 minutes.
- Slice into pieces and enjoy! This will keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks, but trust me, you will eat it all before it has the chance to go off!